Ex-wife and i bought a home together appx. 25 years ago. The bank loan was in both names and the house is in my wifes name or deed in her name. In the divorse she has the house and makes all payments. So my credit report shows that I owe that amount and s
Once a couple has split and it is determined that one person will remain in the home the couple once shared, it is the person remaining in the home's responsibilty to refinance that home solely in their name. If that was not done, the other may still see the debt or mortgage in their name showing on the credit report.
Back to Questions
Top 5 Questions
- What services do you offer?
- Why should I come to CCCS of Rochester for help?
- What is the difference between a settlement and a Debt Management program?
- I'm only a little behind on my bills, can you still help me?
- Does the Debt Management program reduce the overall balance due to the creditors?
Ask a Question