First Time Home Buying Workshops and Counseling Programs
Home buying is serious business! CCCS of Rochester can help you prepare for the reality and responsibilities of home ownership. Our nationally certified credit counselors provide first time home buying workshops and counseling to teach you about the home buying process.
First Home Club
CCCS of Rochester offers a First Home Club. For every $1 you save in a special club savings account, you will receive an additional $4 in matching grant funds from the Federal Home Loan Bank at your closing – up to $7,500 toward the down payment and closing costs of your new home. You must make monthly deposits into your account for at least 10 months and no more than 24 months before buying your home.
For More Information call (585) 546-3440 or or use our contact form
Attend a first time home buying workshop and get a Certificate of Completion
Some of the topics that we cover include:
- To buy or not to buy?
- How much home can you afford?
- Budget counseling - how to stay financially sound with the added responsibility
- Your credit score and credit report - where you stand and how to improve your rating.
- Options for paying off debts before you decide to buy a home.
- Systematic savings plans and individual development accounts to prepare for home buying
- Selecting a real estate professional
- Obtaining a mortgage
When you complete one of our workshops for first time home buying, you will receive a Certificate of Completion that will help you qualify for: federal, state, and local government programs; private mortgage programs; or grant programs. Make sure you give the certificate to the program coordinator.
Consumer Credit Counseling Service of Rochester Offers Options to Pay Off Debt Before You Buy
Before taking on the responsibility of a new house, allow our nationally certified consumer credit counselors help with the challenges of repaying outstanding debt. A credit counseling session can provide you with information about all of your options for paying off debts. We also offer debt consolidation and debt management programs that will improve your credit score, and our fees are some of the lowest in the industry. The benefits include:
- Lower interest rates on your loans or credit card balances
- Lower payments
- Re-aging of delinquent balances
- Waiver of late fees and over limit fees
- Stopping debt collector calls to your home
Call 585-546-3440 or contact us to schedule and appointment
CCCS of Rochester is committed to outstanding customer service. Our Appointment lines are open M-TH from 9am - 8pm and Friday from 9am-5pm EST.