Declaring bankruptcy is a legal way
to start over.
- Our goal is always to help you become debt-free.
- There are times the debt is so high Debt Management is not realistic.
- While it is an option, declaring bankruptcy resolves your debt legally.
- This decision should not be made lightly—there are long-term consequences.
- CCCS offers high value Bankruptcy Counseling at low-cost to help you.
Let CCCS evaluate your situation first to help you make the best decision for you.>
Our Counselor Discusses the Bankruptcy Process.
We are approved to offer your pre-filing counseling requirement, as well as, your pre-discharge education requirement. She will explain the process, some of your requirements, and our low-cost help with that. Plus:
- The bankruptcy process and the consequences of it.
- The difference between a Chapter 7 and 13 bankruptcy.
- Bankruptcy Alternatives.
- The required elements we offer at a low cost.
What CCCS of Rochester Will Help You With.
The Bankruptcy Abuse Prevention and Consumer Protection Act of 2005 requires that you complete an approved session of credit counseling before declaring bankruptcy. CCCS of Rochester is proud to be one of the original providers of bankruptcy counseling and financial education services approved under the revised 2005 bankruptcy code. This session will be completed online with a brief phone follow-up with one of our certified counselors. After completing the session, you'll receive a certificate and qualify to complete the bankruptcy filing process. Pre-bankruptcy counseling sessions will teach you about:
- The bankruptcy process and the consequences of declaring bankruptcy
- The difference between Chapter 7 bankruptcy and Chapter 13 bankruptcy.
- Alternatives: debt consolidation, debt management programs, other options for paying off debts
- A personal budget counseling session to help you examine your financial circumstances
Pre-discharge education workshop
Once your bankruptcy has been filed, but before it is discharged, the Bankruptcy Code requires that you complete additional training. Our Pre-discharge Education Workshop provides you with the information and skills you'll need to take charge of your finances. This workshop can be completed online or it is offered in our office once per month. After completing the workshop, you will receive a certificate to qualify for final discharge of your bankruptcy petition.
- The benefits and risks of declaring bankruptcy
- Developing sound financial habits and setting goals for your financial future
- Rebuilding your credit: understanding and using credit wisely
Why Choose Our Bankruptcy Program?
While bankruptcy was not what you envisioned for yourself, we will help you get through this. CCCS of Rochester is committed to outstanding customer service, the lowest possible fees, and extended hours. Our Client Support Department is open M-TH from 9am - 8pm and Friday from 9am-5pm EST. We provide a wide variety of other consumer credit counseling services.
Non profit organization, helping thousands restore their financial health
No large upfront fees to help you.
You meet with certified counselors in-person, by phone, or online.
Lower cost filing fees, required to file for bankruptcy.
CCCS of Rochester Low Cost Bankruptcy Counseling Fees
To help defray the costs of this valuable service, we charge a $50.00 fee per person. Under certain circumstances, we can waive the fee. Waiving the fee will be assessed based on regulations from NYS, written verification of your family's monthly gross income, and Federal Poverty Level Guidelines.
Frequently Asked Questions
Bankruptcy can affect your creditworthiness for 7 years. This is a very long time to wait for a car loan, a mortgage, or lower interest and fees credit cards. Bankruptcy can affect more than just loans. Many different organizations look at bankruptcy in a negative way long-term, which is why we suggest exploring a Debt Management repayment plan before you make this decision. That being said, if bankruptcy does end up being your only recourse, we offer the filing requirements you need to get through this
We are here to help.
Contact us today to get started.
Chat With us
During business hours, use our chat button in lower right corner to chat with one of our representatives.
See bottom right
Call Our Office
Often times a phone call can answer all your questions at the same time. We are always happy to talk to you.
Call (585) 546-3440