"Goals that are not written down are just wishes." ~ Fitzhugh Dodson
Write down or record your vision of financial security. Create both short-term and long-term goals. People who write down their goals are more successful at achieving them.
- Short-term goals: reachable within six months to one year
- Long term goals: reachable within one to five years
Recognize the difference between wants and needs
Needs are things that you require to sustain your life such as shelter, food, water, and heat. Wants are not essential to continue living. They are things like movie rental subscriptions, lattes, and vacations. First, plan to cover your needs. When that is done, plan for some of your wants.
Follow this goal-planning method to help you achieve your goals
- Write down each of your short and long term goals.
- Label each goal as a "want" or a "need". Prioritize them with needs first.
- Determine the total cost of each goal.
- Determine when - in number of months - you would like to achieve each goal
- Divide the cost by the number of months to determine how much you need to save each month to achieve the goals.
We are here to help.
Contact us today to get started.
Chat With us
During business hours, use our chat button in lower right corner to chat with one of our representatives.
See bottom right
Call Our Office
Often times a phone call can answer all your questions at the same time. We are always happy to talk to you.
Call (585) 546-3440
Leave a Message
Whether you have a question or you want us to call you, use the Contact Form and we will respond promptly.