Can I get a mortgage loan or auto loan while on the Debt Management Plan?
When a client enters into the Debt Management Plan with Consumer Credit Counseling Service of Rochester, they agree not to acquire any additional debt. However, exceptions are made for necessities. For example, this could include but is not limited to car loans, mortgages, and/or refinancing a mortgage. CCCS, like any debt management agency, does not decide whether or not a client is able to qualify for a mortgage or car loan. The fact is CCCS has had many clients successfully obtain car loans, purchase new homes, and secure home repair loans. Many times, CCCS has even assisted clients in obtaining these types of loans by providing letters or documentation for our clients to then provide to their lending institutions.
Back to Questions
Top 5 Questions
- What services do you offer?
- Why should I come to CCCS of Rochester for help?
- I'm only a little behind on my bills, can you still help me?
- Does the Debt Management program reduce the overall balance due to the creditors?
- What is the difference between a settlement and a Debt Management program?
Ask a Question